Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's All About the Boots

Hi She She: I love the look of the knee-high boot, but I have a bit of a dilemma: I have a fuller/muscular calf muscle with a high instep and I wear size 11 shoes. I would LOVE a pair of boots, but have yet to find any that would fit. I have even tried boots with the stretch gore panels. Now, with all that said & done, I really don't want to spend a month's rent on a pair either. Do you have any suggestions or tips? Thanks so much! Kathie

Hi Kathie! This fall it is definitely all about the boots. Most knee boots tend to run between 12 and 14 inches circumferance at the thickest part of the calf, so if you have muscular calves (as an ex-gymnast I can totally relate) it can be difficult to find a pair of knee boots that fit without feeling like you are wearing sausage casings. These edgy riding boots by Stonefly have a larger circumference and a gore pleat at the calf. The classic riding boot is a style that will give you years of fashionable wear. These soft leather knee-highs have a drawstring collar for adjustability, as well as a comfortable circumference. Western style boots as a general rule are larger around the calves. This pair by daniblack is gorgeous without being too cowboy.

6 comments:

Kathie said...

Thanks She She! I actually found a pair of boots that comes with an extra wide calf. I am SO excited to get them. I really hope they fit! Thanks for directing me to Zappos!

She She Me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

If those don't work, check out Land's End. I just bought their Tall Dress Boot and they are beautiful! Despite my own muscular, ex-gymnast calves, I didn't need the wide fit boot. It appears they are sold out of the wide fit boot in size 11, but they have it in medium fit. And they only cost $159.50!

Michelle said...

J.Crew sells some tall boots with extra wide calf. As well as Naturalizer. I've also had leather boots stretched by a shoe cobbler. And if you buy at Nordstrom, they'll do it for free if you ask.

Kathie said...

Ok, I got the boots from Zappos & dear lord the shaft on them are HUGE. I seriously did not think it would be possible. I have a 19" calf muscle & these boots were swimming on me, they also run a tad narrow if you want to wear socks. So if there are any ladies out there who have bigger calf muscles then me - these are the boots for you!

She She Me said...

I just got this great pair from zappos and I love absolutely love them! They are perfect - not too loose, not too tight. I love the tie detail at the ankle. The heel height is ideal for skirts and trousers, and I can even tuck a pair of skinny jeans into the top without feeling like a sausage!