Sunday, September 10, 2006

Red Hot Lips

Hi She She! I am a twirty girl also and am looking to have red lips this fall! I have medium skin tone with brown hair and eyes. I love NARS lipstick. DO you have a shade to recommend that would be flattering? Also, do you recommend skinny jeans for curvier girls? What brands? Thanks!! Katherine

Red is the shade for fall, from sweaters and accessories to luscious lips. One thing to watch out for while wearing red is the tone behind the color. Reds with a brown tone should only be worn if you have an incredibly white smile - perfect for the girl who is faithful with her Crest White Strips! My favorite is Tarte Lipstick in Shiraz. I love the way it goes on and stays on. I also swear by Tarte Dual Gloss (and it has the added bonus of two different shades!) I like to dab just a bit on top of my regular shade of lipstick whenever I want a little bit of shine or sparkle. My absolute fave is Rhett & Scarlett (love the glitter gold!)

I also love NARS Satin Rouge d'Enfer, a quintessential red with deep berry tone. The satin lipstick glides on and has great staying power. And I positively adore Chanel Rouge Hydrabase in Champagne Red. It contains Vitamin E and chamomile to soothe and protect the lips, and it won't smudge or fade. I may not ever be able to afford Couture Chanel, but I can certainly pamper myself with her lipstick!

As for skinny jeans for curvier girls, I have found a couple of brands that really do flatter a curvier shape. Seven for all Mankind has jeans that cater to the shapely girl, as do True Religion, Salt Works Denim and Joe's Jeans Chelsea. I also love Joe's Jeans Honey (which is specifcally cut for a girl with a great booty.) A couple of hints for pulling off the skinny jeans look: a) balance the skinny jeans with a blousy top or tunic; b) a belted tunic or sweater dress over skinny jeans can help camouflage heavy thighs; c) tuck your skinny jeans into boots if you have thick calves; and d) give the illusion of longer legs by wearing heels (also, a pointy toe flat works).

No comments: