Thursday, September 14, 2006

Trouser Style Jeans

What's your opinion on trouser cut jeans? I like the idea of trouser jeans and they seem more flattering for women who have curves (wide hips, etc). Boot cut jeans are not made for every body type. These trouser jeans are hard to find...what stores should I be visiting? And what do you suggest I wear with these jeans? Thanks for the fashion advice!

Trouser cut jeans are generally more classically tailored, like trousers, as the name suggests, and are great for when you want to dress up a bit more. They do, however, have a tendency to accentuate the hips and thighs. Have the pockets sewn shut to avoid gaps. There are a few things to look for in a pair of great trouser cut jeans. Since they are more tailored and sophisticated, look for a cut that’s crisp — an easy waist, front-slash pockets, a straight or slightly flared leg and a smooth back. Today's trouser cut jeans ride a little lower (thank heaven - no one wants their jeans cinched up under the armpits!) and are more flattering to all body types. Because the leg is usually fuller, it's best to wear them with pumps, platforms or boots. I would stay away from flats. Goldsign makes a great trouser cut jean, which I particularly like because of the patch pockets. They are a little pricey, but the quality and fit is superb. I also really like the Joe's Jeans 'Mitchell" trouser. It has back welt pockets and a wide cuffed leg. For a more affordable option try Levis 542 Trouser Flare or these whipstitch trouser jeans from The Gap.

Try wearing a tailored jacket or blazer and crisp white blouse with trouser jeans, or a belted tunic for a more casual look. Go preppy with a cashmere crewneck sweater, or a white blouse paired with a retro vest.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I got a pair from the gap, though not the ones that she she mentioned. They are awesome, and online, they have a large selection of sizes. I got the Flare Curvy denim trousers.

Not wearing high-water jeans said...

These are all great-looking jeans, but where can I find some with long lengths (around 36" to 37" inseams)? What's a tall girly to do?

ayasud said...

I like to wear my trouser jeans with a shirt and sweater vest. I've found a pair at Victoria's Secret online which fit really well and they come in longer inseams (tho, I don't think 36").

Angelina Star said...

I totally love that style. I bought some in the Yanuk brand. Hot and sexy.