Friday, September 08, 2006

Winter Wonderland Wear

Hey! I’m having some trouble buying a winter coat. I’m in my mid 20s and work in an office in a cold and snowy climate. It needs to be very warm, stylish, high quality and practical. I want something wool, with classic but modern tailoring, that will give the allusion of a smaller waist. It needs to be on significant sale, under $200, and ideally, not plain black or white. I’m bored with ordinary pea coats. I’m perfectly happy to keep my eye on things that might go on sale before the snow flies. Any suggestions? Former LA Girl Out of Her Depth

Hi there girly! I feel your pain. When one is accustomed to the lovely SoCal weather it is a bit difficult to adjust to eyelash-freezing bitter cold! Well darling girl, Lady Luck is smiling on you today because I just got a hot tip from Shop Girl on some fabulous winter coats. This gorgeous lambswool and cashmere coat by Via Spiga is to die for! The grommet details at the waist are very slimming. It is a bit more than your price range, but the quality is top notch and it would definitely be an investment. Another option is this big button coat, made of super warm wool, but cut narrower through the waist for a more fitted style. The big buttons are great for gloved or mittened fingers on cold days. It comes in fabulous colors too! This gorgeous powder blue wool and cashmere blend trench coat with removable belt around waist is fully lined and has a warm sweater knit collar. And finally, this wonderful wool blend military style coat by Kenneth Cole Reaction is warm, stylish, a rich gorgeous color and right down your price alley! Stay warm and stay happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I hadn't found two of those, including that fabulous KCR coat! The Via Spiga coat is gorgeous but doesn't feel that warm in person, sadly. Plus, the arm holes appear to be set really far forward, it feels weird on my wide shoulders. It's on clearance at Bluefly in a trench, for anyone with more rain than snow in their forcast, though. (style #2016953)

Thank you so much for your help: re-reading it, I sound super picky!