Monday, October 23, 2006

Handbag Heaven

Please let me know if a dark navy blue handbag with dark brown straps should be used with any outfit these days, or should I stick with a brown handbag? Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A great quality handbag is always an investment and an enhancement to your ensemble. Your choice for a basic everyday handbag is determined primarily by your own personal style. In a conservative environment, since most of your ensembles will probably be in a fairly neutral color palette, a navy handbag with dark brown straps would work quite nicely, as well as be a change from the usual basic black or brown handbag.

Your bag doesn't have to match exactly, but there should be some coordination. If you tend to wear colors in the cool, clear shades, then a black, white, grey or navy handbag would be a good choice. If your wardrobe leans more toward warmer shades, a brown, tan, beige or ivory bag would be best.

I have a fabulous navy and brown suede bag that is a staple for me. I use it with my navy pencil skirt, cropped blazer and platform pumps or my Michael Kors trousers and a cashmere turtleneck. It can also be very casual chic when I wear jeans, a warm sweater and gorgeous deep brown boots. A great idea for tying an ensemble together, particularly with the brisk autumn weather, would be a pair of supple deep brown leather gloves the same shade as the leather trim on the handbag.

No comments: