Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Looking Gorgeous at the Gym

Hi shesheme, I have medium length wavy hair. When I put it in a ponytail to work out, it looks just like a big poof on the back of my head. I have tried cloth headbands but they just come off. Do you have any advice for cute hair things that I can use so that I can still look good at the gym? Thanks!

Hey girly girl! Kudos to you for working out! But no one wants to look like a bouncing Q Tip at the gym so here are a few ideas:

A classic french braid. Very sleek and chic. Because you can start the braid as high or low as you choose, a french braid will enable you to secure even the most layered hairstyle. This can be a bit tricky if you don't know how to french braid; however, you can have your stylist teach you in no time flat, then practice at home.

Another option (this is what I do!) a loose, messy bun. I pull my hair all back into a low to medium high ponytail, then tuck the dangling end of the ponytail back up into the elastic. Very Izzy from Grey's Anatomy. Remember to keep the hair loose though, to avoid breakage.

Also, instead of cloth headbands, try a colorful scarf. You can tie it on headband style or tie it around your ponytail or your bun. It gives you that added edge of chic that the other sweaty girls won't have!

2 comments:

SurferBabes said...

As a girl with a mop of curl I can attest to the usefulness and style of the french braid! It took me a few weeks to master doing my own french braid, but now it is second nature. It keeps the curls out of my eyes and off my neck and makes for a much nicer workout. I have become so proficient at the french braid that I feel comfortable wearing my hair in a braid for work, or for an evening out! It can be sporty or chic!

SurferBabes said...

As a girl with a mop of curl I can attest to the usefulness and style of the french braid! It took me a few weeks to master doing my own french braid, but now it is second nature. It keeps the curls out of my eyes and off my neck and makes for a much nicer workout. I have become so proficient at the french braid that I feel comfortable wearing my hair in a braid for work, or for an evening out! It can be sporty or chic!