Friday, January 12, 2007

What to Wear with a Cute Cardi

Dear SheShe, Since you came to my rescue so well for the family portrait question, I have another one for you. My sister gave me a super warm, very comfy, very cute in a ski-resort sort of way sweater for Christmas. It's off-white wool, cable knit with big leather buttons. So what should I wear it with? Especially a shirt. It's hard to figure out what should go under this, since it has a deep V and doesn't necessarily look best buttoned. I can always throw on jeans and boots, but I'll take any suggestions you can throw my way!

With temperatures as nippy as they are right now, this cardi is absolute perfection! Because it is so warm and bulky, I would opt for a close fitting cashmere or silk turtleneck, mock turtleneck or crew neck sweater. Another option would be a blouse with a mandarin collar or a tuxedo style shirt.

Go with jeans or cords since the look with this cardi is definitely casual. Or a classic khaki, denim or corduroy skirt would do the trick. Finish the ensemble with leggings and boots.

No comments: