Friday, January 19, 2007

White ballet tights - what to do?

Dear Sheshe, Glad 2006 has been a great year for you! I hope 2007 even better! I am hoping you might answer a question I have. I have done the unthinkable and bought myself a pair of ...brace yourself... white ballet tights. I just could not resist anymore, I find them absolutely gorgeous. My problem though is, what do I do with them? I got a pair of tartan red heels that I think will look fabulously eccentric with the white tights, but I am lost as to what clothes to don with them. As well as that, I love the look of knits and brown boots with a pair of white ballet tights. I would love some guidance though! PS, the tartan heels combine brown and khaki and blue in the fabric and have patent red detail on the bows as well patent red mock-lace piping around. Best Regards, Divina

You are a brave girl indeed! If you've got the legs for it, I say go with it! I would pair them with a great textured or knit sweaterdress and the brown boots you mentioned. One good thing about tights or leggings is that you can get away with a skirt that is a little shorter than you might normally wear. Another option would be a tweed skirt, cropped jacket and flats.



As far as the tartan heels, that definitely bumps up the eccentricity level a bit. A pair of tailored bermudas in a pinstripe or crops in a herringbone or Glen plaid, paired with a crisp white blouse and a red jacket and you're good to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I would dare wear white tights! My legs are a little chunky so I should probably stick with darker tones. I do love the look of tights with mini skirts though and am hoping that darker opaque tights will help slenderize my legs.