Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Black Dress/Brown Boots?

Hi She She!

I need help finding shoes!! I got this little black dress. It has an Empire waist & ties to the back, quarter length sleeves that are semi-balloon. It isn't real tight, just kind of flowy with a scoop neck. I was really hoping to try the high boots that scrunch. I have never worn a style like that so I am nervous. I am sure I could get away with high heels, but I wanted to try and dress it down and maybe look a little more dressed for the cool weather. Here is a picture I found off the web that is really similar to my dress & the look that I am going for with the boots, but I don't know if I can get myself to wear the brown with black. Maybe gray? Have any better suggestions?? Please help! Erin

Hi Erin,


Half the fun of fashion is taking chances! I adore the look that you have chosen. The weathered brown boots add the perfect touch of edginess to this ensemble as well as add a touch of warmth. I think grey boots would be to austere with the black dress.

If you are still having a hard time with the brown/black combo, try pulling things together with accessories. Add a necklace, possibly wood and/or leather to pull in the brown from the boots. Wooden bangles would also look fantastic. Finish off with a distressed leather handbag or even a fabric bag with leather trim. You, my dear, are going to look positively fierce!





1 comment:

Shelley said...

I took your advice, only with a brown jersey dress and black boots, a sterling silver and black onyx necklace and black enamel bangles. It looks so awesome! I have reddish blonde hair so the brown jersey looks much better on me than basic black. I look too washed out in basic black. But I didn't want to go all brown with boots, bag and accessories. So I'm glad I saw this blog because it stirred a little creativity in me! Thanks!