Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Figure flattering tops

Dearest She She, I have one more question: what type of tops should I wear to flatter a small chest? Thank you for your help. I'd be lost without you!

I think it's simply fabulous that today's styles are so flattering to so many body types, especially girls with a little less oomph on top (trust me, this is a blessing, especially as gravity takes effect and the girls begin to droop!) I especially love the fact that so many of today's celebrities and public figures are embracing their natural body styles (Kiera Knightley, Kate Hudson, Kate Winslet, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson), which makes me feel so much more comfortable with my own somewhat interesting body shape (thank heaven you only see the animated me!)

Stay away from anything that is really tight or form fitting. Anything in an empire-style is very flattering, as is a top with a bit of ruching or shirring. Another great look is a scoop-neck top or dress with a bit of gathering at the scoop.
Halter-neck styles are also great - in fact, they look best on girls with a smaller bust. Patterns and details work well too. A great floral print top in a floaty chiffon would be fabulous.
Wrap front tops, criss-cross or surplice tops are also good. They tend to add a little more substance to the bustline, as well as emphasize the waist.

No comments: