Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Perfect Outfit for Fall!

Hi there girly girls! I don't know about you, but I am pleasantly overwhelmed by the fabulous selection of styles out there for fall. It seems that all the fashion bases are covered, from wide legged jeans and bohemian style tops, to the perfect little black dress and pumps, to the always chic and sophisticated trenchcoat and trousers. I love the fact that designers have made it possible for girls of all shapes and sizes to be on trend and still look fabulous.


But sometimes when there is so much to choose from, it is really hard to pull together a great ensemble. Should I go for chic and sophisticated? Casual and sporty? Free wheeling bohemian? Professional working girl? (As in my chosen, not world's oldest!) Choices, choices, choices...

Well, I always think the best place to start is with a classic and timeless look. With that in mind, I have chosed my Perfect Outfit for Fall. Start with a pair of classic bootleg jeans. (Bootleg jeans are the most flattering style for every body shape, which makes them perfect!) I like a darker wash, since it tends to be more slimming, but I adore the more "lived-in" washes too.

Next, add a crisp button-down shirt. I just adore a fabulous white shirt, but I love to mix it up a little with ruffles, bows, or pintuck details, since it has a more girly flair than a basic button-down. Also, there is so much you can do with a great white shirt. You can wear it under a fitted vest or a belted sweater, you can wear unbuttoned and belted over a sparkly or lacy cami, and it works equally well with trousers, jeans or skirts. A definite wardrobe essential.


Next, top with a stylish belted jacket. While a classic blazer work just fine, this season I am going with this gorgeous motorcyle jacket. I love the way the belt emphasizes the waistline, and the angled zip pockets are also very flattering.

Finally, a pair of classic leather boots. The best thing about boots is that they can be worn with jeans, trousers, dresses and skirts! Very versatile. I like a boot with a 2 to 3.5 inch heel for added height (plus, it makes my legs look very long and gorgeous!)

Don't forget accessories! A stylish cross-body bag is ideal, and the perfect size for toting along all your girly goodies. Since the biker jacket has zipper details you can skip the necklace, but grab a pair of big hoop earrings and a substantial bangle or two.

No comments: