Friday, November 07, 2008

Styling a Peacoat

Hi She She! I just bought a 3/4 length cropped peacoat, but I'm not exactly sure how to wear it or what to wear it with. I think I have a good idea, but I wanted to ask you so that I would know for sure. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

First of all, darling girl, I must compliment you on your choice - I bought the same coat in emerald (it brings out the gorgeous green in my eyes)! Once again, proof that stylish minds think alike! Now, to get down to business:


The look with a peacoat is more on the casual side. With that in mind, I am going to wear my canvas peacoat with a pair of straight leg denim jeans, a snuggly turtleneck sweater and funky boots. I am also going to accessorize with a soft (and warm!) scarf and finish the ensemble with a casual handbag.


You can, however, dress it up a bit for work if you choose. I would wear it with a skinny sweater (to avoid added bulk) and a chic A-line or pencil skirt, tights and ankle boots or shooties. And to give it an added style boost, cinch it with a great belt. Add a great professional style handbag and you are good to go!


You will find that your peacoat can be quite versatile. You can wear it with corduroy jeans and sweaters, dressier trousers and a silk blouse, or even with a skirt and top! Just remember to keep the look on the casual and relaxed side. It will definitely be a great addition to your wardrobe - and better yet, peacoats are one of those classic items that are always in style.


No comments: