Thursday, December 04, 2008

TMobile G1 to the Rescue!

Have you ever had your entire career riding on just one meeting? Or, to be more specific, being on time for said meeting? Which, for normal people is not an issue. However, for the punctually-challenged (i.e. me) it can definitely be a problem. Case in point: My über chic mentor/boss had arranged lunch with a prospective client, and had very thoughtfully invited me to tag along, albeit with the caveat that I had to be on time. (Said client was a stickler for punctuality.) Knowing my propensity for chaos, my mentor presented me with a brand new TMobile G1 phone to make my life (and hers) run more smoothly.

Which, to date, has performed above and beyond the call of duty. In fact, this gorgeous little gadget has not only made my life a whole lot easier, but has literally saved my job! On the day of the aforementioned Punctual Lunch, my life followed its normal pattern. Which meant that I lost a contact lense, got a run in my tights, and in my rush out the door I left the directions to the restaurant on my desk. Par for the course. Anyhoo, G1 to the rescue! I used the barcode scan feature to scan the contact lense box and located a retail source just a mile from my office; was able to use the email feature to contact my optometrist and have her fax in a prescription so the lenses were ready and waiting for me! I was then able to use the map feature to locate a nearby Saks where I was able to snap up a new pair of tights. And, finally, I used the Google navigation to get me to the restaurant...on time!!! Oh, and yes, we got the account!


You know, I thought my über chic and stylish mentor/boss was beyond fabulous when she gave me that gorgeous Alexis Hudson tote bag for my birthday, but I think this nifty little G1 is my all time fave! Of course it is fully locked and loaded with all the latest cell phone features, but this phone gets major bonus points for all around fun and functionality. The 3.2 MP camera with auto-focus takes awesome pics, the video player allows you to watch videos and the one touch Google applications include maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, and Google Talk. The phone also comes with the Amazon MP3 store, which lets you buy songs and download them over the air directly onto the phone.
But the best part, in my fashionista opinion, is the Android Market, where you can customize and personalize your device to fit your life with a variety of software applications like games, social networking and on-the-go shopping. Download amazing services like ShopSavvy: using the camera in your phone, you can scan the barcode of any product to find the best prices on the internet and at nearby, local stores. And MyCloset, which manages photographs and information about the clothes you own, and coordinates and records your daily outfits. Automatically switches inventory (seasonal changing of clothes) to fit the season by setting the months during which each item will be used. CompareEverywhere helps you shop smarter using your phone. Scan a barcode to instantly check if that "sale price" really is a good deal. Read reviews to find out if those hiking boots will last a lifetime, or fall apart next month. Keep track of shopping lists, wish lists, and more.
The list goes on and on. From games to music to locating a great restaurant or calling a cab. Believe me, this is one amazing little gadget!

No comments: