Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bachelorette Party Style

Dear She She:

My Bachelorette Party is next weekend and I'm in dire need of help. I'm not sure what to wear. Here are the logistics: 80's bar with my best girlfriends, the weather will be cold, the club hot, will be a smoky environment (so nothing too fabulous that could get ruined), want to look sexy and fun but not attract the bad kind of attention, and something that is budget friendly. Do I wear a dress or should I do jeans and a cute top? It's the one time I hope to have this event and am just not sure what to wear. Desperately need your help!

First of all, congratulations on your impending nuptials! I agree that the look you should be going for is smart and stylish, but unavailable. And with the combination of outdoor weather and indoor environment the key here is to layer wisely.

As much as I adore a great dress, and the excuse to wear one, I would suggest going with jeans and a great top in this instance. Start with a pair of figure friendly jeans, mid or higher-rise. Pair with a flirty top in one of this season's supper-hot sheers layered over a shimmery or lacy tank or cami. Stay away from sweaters or knits as they tend to be too warm and retain body heat. Add a great jacket or blazer. (You can remove the jacket as things heat up.)

You have a couple of footwear choices here. If it is
snowy or slushy outside I would go with a pair of stacked heel ankle or knee boots. If the weather is not an issue, you can go with a great pair of skyscrapers. Finish with a fun little clutch or cross-body bag.

While your engagement ring is your primary accessory,you can still have a little fun with a great necklace and bangles, or perhaps a pair of statement dangles.




No comments: