Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sassy Commuter Shoes

Dear She She, I live in the city and work in a conservative setting (think suits and hose). I commute to work by walking several blocks on cement sidewalks and lovely east-coast cobblestones. This makes wearing my heels to and from work near impossible, as they get destroyed by weather and wear - not to mention the damage to my tender tootsies. I need some fashionable yet practical advice on what shoes to wear during my commute. I've tried a comfort-clog which does the trick as they have enough heel to keep my pants from dragging on the ground - but they aren't the cutest. Any other suggestions for me?

What a lovely commute you have my dear! But it's hard to enjoy the ambiance when your feet are killing you, so let's get to work finding a stylish solution for your troubled tootsies~

You're on the right track, those comfort clogs are perfect for lots of trekking, but a bit of an eyesore. I would suggest a low to mid-heel wedge pump or mary jane. The wedge heel gives stability as well as style, and if you go with a chic patent leather you have definitely upped the chic factor.

Another great option, especially at this time of year, is a fabulous pair of boots. Ankle boots can be work with dresses as well as trousers, as there are so many different options out there. Stick with a classic style, and again I would go with a wedge heel, or perhaps a low to mid stacked heel.

There are many great options in flats as well, and great brands like Ecco, Naturalizer, Life Stride, Naot, Rockport, and Sofft (as well as oh-so-many others!) are known for their style as well as their comfort and wearability.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Great advice, I'm definitely high-tailing it to the mall for some new wedge pumps and boots!

Anonymous said...

I got a great pair of boots from Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th a couple days ago. They are having a 30% off any one item offer this week and also an additional 30% off shoes. I suggest taking a look there. You can get the coupon at www.off5th.com/coupons