Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sunday Finery

Dearest She She, I'm a mature woman trying to find a great Sunday/Easter ensemble; something I can wear to church services and then to brunch with the girls. I want to look chic and fabulous, but not like I'm trying too hard! Please help! Thanks!

It's always a bit of a dilemma to find something chic and stylish that will also be appropriate for a house of worship, but never fear darling, we've got your number.

First of all, please no trousers in church! (Well, to be honest, that's my own personal opinion, but everyone knows I will look for any excuse to don a feminine frock. ) A few other caveats for church-appropriate attire: nothing too short, too bare or too sheer. Now, with that said:

I would go with a very chic dress that hits just above the knee. Something in a very spring like shade, or perhaps even a gorgeous floral pattern or this season's globally inspired patterns. Sheer hose and gorgeous heels - I would choose either strappy sandals or a pair of beautiful slingbacks. Opt for a handbag that is sleek and compact - not too large - you don't want to overpower the dress. Finish with feminine accessories: a pretty necklace and an exquisite watch, or a great bracelet and chic earrings. Voila! Chic, stylish and perfectly appropriate for church as well as a fancy Sunday brunch.

1 comment:

hermes studded said...

a pretty necklace and an exquisite watch, or a great bracelet and chic earrings. Voila! Chic, stylish and perfectly appropriate for church as well as a fancy Sunday brunch.