Wednesday, September 15, 2010

She She Me's Five Favorite Fashion Inventions

Hello Darlings!


I don't know about you, but I think autumn is the most spectacular time of year. With the glorious briskness in the air and all the leaves changing color it just puts a girl in the mood for...fashion! What else? Honestly, one of the most important things about the changing season is the changing fashions, no? Especially with all the marvelousness that is happening in NYC this very week! Ahh, Fashion Week, if only I could be there...

But the tradeoff is that I am sitting on a lovely lanai in Maui, typing away as I enjoy the fresh morning breeze by the pool and sip a lovely iced guava/orange/mango/pineapple concoction...I know, it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it, right? It was a tough call for me, being the obsessive fashionista that I am and having attended Fashion Week for eons, but duty called in the form of my uber-chic mentor boss needing me to fill in for her at a global conference that just happened to be taking place on the lovely island of Maui. What to do, what to do...hello! Of course I said I'd take her place and allow her to attend Fashion Week! She is my boss, after all, and I get a free trip, expenses and the fabulous gift bag to boot!

Anyhoo, as I've been sitting here participating in my all time favorite sport of people/fashion watching, I have made a few determinations, these being that there many spectacular inventions over the years that have contributed greatly to the fashion industry, making it much easier for every woman (and man) on earth to look their best. I have narrowed it down to my Top Five:


1. The zipper. Hello! Can you imagine what it would be like to have to lace yourself into your dress a'la Marie Antoinette every day? Not to mention the fact that there would be no such thing as designer jeans (and my life would be over).

2. The buttonhole/button. Same as above. Could you even imagine life without that perfect crisp white blouse that is one of the top go-to items in your wardrobe?



3. Lycra/Spandex. The slimming/containment aspect says it all. I have a gigglefit every time I try to imagine what the swimsuits surrounding this pool would be like without their 97% Lycra content!


4. The bra. Make that the perfect-fitting bra. The single most important garment a woman can own. An excellent fitting bra can make that little black dress ROCK.


5. Accessibility. Seriously, where would any of us be without the accessibility that technology has afforded us in keeping up with fashion? As I sit here by the pool, my uber-chic mentor boss is using her new Sprint 4G to stream live coverage of fashion week to me!


America's first 4G phone is also the first to deliver download speeds up to 10x faster than 3G and be a mobile hotspot for up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices. Not to mention front and rear-facing cameras and the ability to stream live video to the Web. And you get access to over 65,000 apps you've come to expect from an Android. So the only question is, what will you do first with EVO? sprint.com/firsts.



Disclosure: compensation was provided by Sprint via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sprint.

No comments: