Monday, January 24, 2011

Great Find. For the Price of Good!

You know the old saying, "you get what you pay for"? Well, in most cases, that is exactly true. Like the time I got a fantastically fabulous too-good-to-be-true deal on a set of 800-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets...which turned into a giant ball of lint the first time I laundered them. This is why I now purchase my bedding through reputable retail sources instead of the back of a truck (Hey! I was young, naive and new in town. But I am a quick study).

Anyhoo, this doesn't mean that I am not ever watchful for that once-in-a-lifetime fabulous find, because they are definitely out there my little chick-a-dees! For instance, I have had my little heart set on a gorgeous leather designer hobo bag for the past six months. This particular bag is a timeless classic and will be in style ten years from now, so honestly, it would be an investment, right? Exactly! However, the price point was a bit beyond (like a mortgage payment beyond) what I felt comfortable paying for said designer bag, so I found myself wistfully gazing through the shop window at my bag every time I walked by. I yearned for this bag. I ached for this bag. I could actually visualize this bag hanging from my shoulder at a jaunty angle, instantly marking me as a highly successful and ├╝ber-chic style maven (sigh). But I also felt it was important to retain a roof over my head and perhaps more than a jar of peanut butter and a carton of milk in the larder, so I suffered in silence. Actually, I whined and complained on a daily basis to Girly, Pretty Mama and Shop Girl and it's a wonder they are still speaking to me. But I digress...

Anyhoo, as you know I am an avid/rabid online shopper and deal-finder, and lo and behold what should appear on one of my favorite designer discount sites? MY handbag!!! And at an incredible discount! You can't even imagine how fast my little fingers clicked that "buy" button, and in just a matter of days I was sashaying down the street with my exquisite designer handbag dangling at a jaunty angle from my shoulder. And not only did it give me that lovely air of the chic and stylish, but I also had the satisfaction of knowing that I was a pretty savvy shopper as well.

And speaking of savvy, here is one of those amazing deals. When you enter the world of budget-priced compact cars, there is no need to sacrifice style and sophistication in the name of affordability. Not with the all-new 2011 VW Jetta. This chic and stylish car has the quality, style and performance that you would expect of a German luxury sedan, without the luxury price tag. It's a great car. VW has just priced it like a good one. Like they say, "It's Great. For the price of good."




The all-new 2011 Jetta comes nicely equipped at a surprising new price. Which means, German engineering, more rear legroom, enough trunk space for just about anything and, above all, more looks from everybody on the road. It’s great. For the price of good.

Discover more at vw.com.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by VW via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of VW.

1 comment:

Mark Beyon said...

A handbag, or purse in American English, is a handled medium-to-large bag that is often fashionably designed, typically used by women.