Monday, November 28, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
I recently received a festive bag of Lindt Lindor Truffles with just one caveat: enjoy! (As if a girl could do anything else these little nuggets of deliciousness.) The hard milk chocolate shell encases a rich, creamy truffle center which melts in your mouth, and promises to become your new favorite guilty pleasure.
So stock up on bags of Lindt Lindor Truffles this holiday season - I know I plan to! They make the perfect gift for co-workers, your daughter's teacher, and the sweet little old man next door who tends your cat when you are away. They are the perfect hostess gift or stocking stuffer! And, most important of all, they make a great little gift to yourself! After all, you're worth it, right?
Nothing tastes quite like the Lindor Truffle. Created only by Lindt’s MasterChocolatiers, it’s exquisite chocolate filled with a smooth chocolate center. When the irresistible center starts to melt...so will you. Smooth. Flowing. Luscious. Chocolate like no other.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Lindt via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Lindt.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
CELEBRITY SHOE DESIGNER RON WHITE CELEBRATES U.S. DEBUT WITH STAR-STUDDED UNVEILING AND CHARITY EFFORT
Celebrities literally took the shoes off their feet to help raise awareness and donations in support of the over 50,000 homeless youth in Los Angeles County. Debi Mazar, Corin Nemec of Stargate SG-1, Max Adler and Josh Sussman of Glee, and Tinsel Korey of Twilight all came out to sign shoes donated from their personal collections to the Ron White Foundation.
(L-R) Debi Mazar, Corin Nemec of Stargate SG-1, Max Adler and Josh Sussman of Glee, Tinsel Korey of Twilight
Images courtesy of Wire Image (L-R) 133230650, 133230695, 133230686, 133230678, 133230702
Additional signed footwear donated to the Ron White Foundation from celebrities such as Celine Dion, Matt Damon, Daniel Day Lewis, David Foster, Hilary Duff, and Kevin Spacey were also unveiled and on display at Nordstrom’s The Grove last night.
Ron White All Day Heels® and Ron White Signature Collection are unveiled for the first season in the United States. Patented NASA technology and luxurious materials create comfort for Ron’s couture styling. Ron will be making stops in various cities throughout the U.S. over the next month to promote the launch of his new collections at Nordstrom’s.
Wrapping presents, cooking and prepping for holiday parties can all be tough on your hands. Protect and keep them healthy with Eucerin Daily Skin Balance Hand Cream. It strengthens the skin of even the most hard-working hands, keeping them safe from external stressors.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Have you ever found yourself stuck in a beauty rut? They say old habits die hard, but now there is a beauty habit you won’t want to kick…
MYHABIT.com (www.myhabit.com), Amazon’s membership-only fashion destination, expands into beauty today, offering a tailored selection of luxury sales in beauty categories including skin care, hair care, cosmetics and tools, priced at up to 50% off with fast, free shipping on US orders. Beginning today at 9 AM PT / Noon ET, customers can shop across the men’s, women’s, and children’s departments to discover limited-time sales from coveted beauty brands.
Recognizing a true beauty buff’s need to be in-the-know, MYHABIT is pleased to provide detailed product pages with in-depth descriptions including specific claims, key ingredients, directions for use and any product precautions. Beauty products will also be presented with upscale photography and a zoom feature for up-close details.
Today’s sales feature products from prestige brands including Oscar Blandi, Anthony Logistics, Babo Botanicals, Dr. Hauschka Skin Care, Boscia and Tweezerman. In addition, to celebrate the launch, MYHABIT is hosting the first curated beauty event featuring a hand-picked assortment of products by Eva Chen, popular beauty blogger.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Following the recent Harper’s Bazaar spread featuring a confident Lady Gaga sans-makeup, a beauty trend was born. And going bare couldn’t have come during a better season. In an about face to winters past, women aren’t covering it up any longer; the nude makeup trend beckons women to let their natural beauty shine. As winter presents its own unique challenges when it comes to skin, less makeup means caring for skin is more manageable. Women who are simultaneously rejoicing and wondering, just how exactly to achieve this simple yet complicated look – look no further. Here, makeup expert, CEO & Founder of FACES Beautiful, and creator of the Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup Gail Sagel offers tips on how to get the most out of this minimalist trend.
Winter Skin Care
When it comes to winter, some people throw skincare concerns out the window. If you’re not willingly exposing your body to the sun, then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about, right? Wrong. “Everyone forgets that the key to a beautiful, well-put-together makeup look is maintaining the health of your skin, first and foremost,” says Gail. “In the winter, I suggest copious moisturizing, drinking lots of water, and using sunscreen no matter how chilly it may be outside.”
· Find a moisturizer that is aloe or oil-based, as opposed to most products, which are water-based. According to Gail, an oil or aloe base allows the skin to more easily absorb nutrients.
· Limit shower time. Because it doesn’t penetrate tissue, water actually dries out the skin’s moisture.
· Don’t forget sunscreen. Between the sun and the glare coming off of the snow in the winter, skin is up against many obstacles, and this is one that can be controlled.
Apply Like a Natural
Gail suggests using a light hand when applying makeup. Even though there are steps that are present in any makeup routine, the look here is minimalist and natural. “The key here is to create the illusion that makeup wasn’t needed at all to achieve the desired effect. Make sure to avoid the common pitfalls of foundations and powders, like caking and oil, because the look should be fresh and dewy, not stiff and full of product.”
· If just a tinted moisturizer does the trick – that’s all the makeup needed. However, most women need a bit more coverage. Reach for a liquid foundation and apply it with a makeup sponge in quick, short strokes, being careful to blend. Don’t set with powder; if your skin tends to get oily, use makeup wipes to remove excess oil in trouble spots. In keeping with the powder-free idea, reach for a cream blush to get that “just flushed” look; nothing over the top.
· For the natural eye look, only use mascara. Stick with a reliable product here, making sure to rid lashes of clumps, since they are the star of the show. Add light eyeliner if desired.
· Keep it subtle. Stick with a color that is close to that of the actual lip, without being too glossy.
Spice It Up
Want to make things a bit more interesting? Try highlighting one specific feature. Gail says, “I think its fun to go a little crazy with one facial feature when you’re keeping makeup to such a minimum. The smoky eye and the bold lip are all the rage right now, and playing down other features will accentuate the beauty of these targeted elements.”
· For bold lips: first, moisturize with lip balm. Next, line the outer edges of lips, which will prevent unwanted bleeding once the lips are set. Gail suggests using a lip brush when applying, as this will make it easier to fill in the smaller spots and stay inside the liner. Wipe away any buildups or excess with a q-tip, keep other makeup simple, and lips are ready to wow.
· For smoky eyes: To keep this look from budging throughout the day, prep eyes with a primer. . Use black eyeliner to create lines on both the top and bottom of lashes. On the bottom, once the line is drawn, gently roll a finger over it to create a smudged-on-purpose look. Apply the light base color; something in a light cream is generally the best choice. Next, apply the darker color, a black or a dark gray, only below the crease of the eyelid. Blend until the colors appear to be running into each other. Finish with ample mascara, and let the eyes do all the talking.
Gail says, “My favorite thing about makeup is that trends come and go, and knowing yourself and what works for you is really the key to developing any look. Have fun with it, and don’t be afraid to experiment!”
For more tips and tricks from expert Gail, visit www.FacesBeautiful.com.
Thursday, November 03, 2011
Shiny, glossy and vibrant—the three hair attributes on women’s wish lists worldwide. How do you achieve it? As temperatures drop, you find yourself with a little more time to maintain and upkeep your appearance. With these tips from Italian born Pirri brothers (www.pirrihairgroup.com), you will end up with gorgeous glowing tresses. Try these simple tips at home and watch your hair lifeless hair come to life.
Wash Your Hair Properly
Your simple daily regime could be all wrong. Washing your hair properly keeps you hair healthy and shiny, while keeping your scalp free of dandruff. Are you washing away the dull and bringing in the shine? To properly wash your hair completely soak your locks with lukewarm water, rinsing for about a minute or two. Rub a small amount
of shampoo, about the size of a quarter, into your hair and massage your scalp gently. I recommend trying Pirri Elements Mediterraneo Daily Shampoo (www.pirrihairgroup.com). This product normalizes the hair, scalp and PH balance whi
Dry Your Tresses Properlyle keeping your hair looking healthy and shiny. Completely rinse your hair of all shampoo. Grab a wide-tooth comb and gently comb out any knots prior to applying conditioner. Rub a small amount of conditioner, about the size of a quarter, and leave in hair for about 3-5 minutes. With your wide-tooth comb, brush and rinse your hair. Make sure to rid yourself you hair of any products by rinsing thoroughly. End with a rinse of icy cold water. The cold water will close the pores of your hair so you end up with shinier hair as it dries.
Now that you have mastered washing your hair properly, it does not end there. With the cold weather, air drying is a big no-no. Since you find yourself grabbing the blow dryer more often, you must blow out your hair properly to achieve the best results. Gently pat you hair dry with a towel after showering, removing any excess water. Brush and detangle your locks by gently brushing with the same wide-tooth comb used in the shower. When blow drying, point the nozzle down from scalp to ends of your hair. The nozzle should steadily follow your brush at a 90 degree angle leaving you with shiny hair. Be sure to thoroughly dry your hair.
Over-brushing your tresses will only lead to a greasy mess. And with the wind at its peak this season, try to avoid brushing you hair regularly. Put on a hat to avoid tangling from windy weather. Also, avoid stroking or touching your hair often or at all. This will also make
your hair greasy. Avoid blow drying your hair on a daily basis to maintain healthy hair. To protect your hair, apply a heat protection spray when blow drying. And, don’t wash your hair everyday.
Don’t be scared of a trim. A regular trip to your hair salon can really transform your hair. So grab your coat and drive to meet your favorite stylist to trim off those split ends that will result in a dry and damaged look. Have some extra time? Ask your stylist to deep condition your hair. You will leave flaunting a shiny and healthy looking do.
Has the cold weather kept you cooped up at home? Create a mixture of mayonnaise and avocado oil. For every half a cup of mayo, use 1 teaspoons of avocado oil. Apply for at least a few hours prior to showering, cover with a shower cap. Rinse thoroughly prior to applying shampoo.
About the Pirri Brothers, Piero and Luigi
Born in Italy, the Pirri Brothers first developed hair styles for the elegant salons of the southern region of Calabria, then moving to London to continue their education for advanced technical skills. Being surrounded by Europe’s most prominent talent, in a city with sharp and constantly evolving style they possess the essence of Europe at their fingertips and have created and conceptualized trend setting styles that have graced fashion and beauty magazines worldwide.
Fast forward to 2009, the Pirri brothers now have two successful salons in Greenwich, Connecticut and Eastchester, New York; and have launched their own product line, Pirri Element (www. pirrihairgroup.com).
With over 20 years of experience, the Pirri brothers want to share their knowledge and technical skill with the hairdressers of today and tomorrow. The Pirri Education Academy was designed to work with the individual to elevate their skills for cut and color to the next level
Jurlique and Sephora have teamed up to create the Jurlique Most Wanted Kit!!! This kit contains Jurlique’s bestselling products for only $50 ($101 value) and will be available exclusively at Sephora.com for a limited time only! The kits are almost sold out so snap it up while you can!
The Jurlique Most Wanted Kit includes:
· Herbal Recovery Gel – For ALL skin types, a multi-vitamin serum with potent botanicals to boost cellular recovery, reversing and preventing damage from free radicals that accelerate skin aging.
· Rosewater Balancing Mist – An antioxidant mist that tones skin, sets makeup and provides an instant burst of hydration with the scent of fresh-cut roses.
· Rose Hand Cream – A rich, protective hand cream with Sweet Almond and Macadamia Oils to intensely moisturize skin and leave hands feeling soft and supple.
· Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer – An innovative antibacterial that kills 99.9% of germs naturally and nourishes hands without irritating skin.
The products are available now at Sephora.com