Monday, March 12, 2012

5 Beauty Resolutions

There is nothing more aging to a woman than tired, sallow skin.  But it only takes a few minutes every day to alleviate this problem and bring your skin back to glowing, dewy health.  Incorporate these give beauty resolutions into your daily routine and your skin will be forever improved:
  • My lifestyle will enhance my beauty. I will regularly exercise, cleansing my body from toxins to provide more nutrients to the skin and I will eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, which are high in antioxidants and help to protect the skin from environmental damage.
  • I will clean up my act – makeup act that is.  Good hygiene is crucial to avoid breakouts and eye infections.  I will be sure to wash my brushes using brush cleanser or mild shampoo.  Then I will rinse and squeeze gently in a towel before letting dry over the side of the sink so air can circulate around the fibers.  I will never use a hair dryer to dry them as that will damage the brushes.
  • I will clear the clutter.  I will empty my makeup bag completely.  I will replace the following:
    • Mascaras: every 3 months.
    • Concealer, cleansers, cream foundations, liquid foundations and moisturizers: every 6 months.
    • Blush, eyeshadows, lipgloss, lipstick, loose powder, pressed powder, shimmer powder and toner: every year.
    • Eye and lip pencils: every 18 months.
  • I will always, always wear SPF.  Not only does this reduce my risk of skin cancer, but it will also help to limit 90% of the aging process that is traced back to sun exposure.
  • I will get to know my skin and the colors that work with it.  For porcelain, try shades of gray, blue and cool creams; fair skin works well with a wide range of warm and cool tones but avoid yellows and oranges; light olive is best suited for neutrals, earthy browns and mossy greens; dark olive shades should be paired with deep purples, plums, greens and rich golds and browns; and deeper skin tones should try bronze, burnt oranges, emerald green, sapphires and plums

No comments: