Monday, March 05, 2012

Subaru First Car Story



Memories are such a great thing.  Some are good, others not so good, some tickle your funny bone and others just make you sigh with contentment.  Which is what is so fun about firstcarstory.com.  It let's you create a memory about your very first car, then animate and publish it!  I had a love/hate relationship with my first car, Bugaboo.  Pale yellow with artfully scattered rust spots, held together with duct tape, baling wire and more than one magical incantation, this little car took me to high school every single day, then on to college and even joined me in my first few years of marriage!  Even though she was easy to recognize by her faded yellow paint and rusty wheel hubs, she was tiny, so I used to duct tape a bright red plastic carnation to her radio antenna so that I could spot her in the school/mall parking lot! Toward the end of her life I found it necessary to park her on an incline, facing downhill, so that I could give her a little nudge, hop in and slowly coast long enough to pop the clutch to get her not-so-trusty little engine started.  Hey, when you are a starving student/newlywed you learn to make do, right? 

One day I was driving Bugaboo home from school, it was winter time and the roads were a bit icy so I was going very slow.  Suddenly, from out of nowhere a deer came bounding out of the trees at the side of the road.  I slammed on the brakes (which you should NEVER do on icy roads!) and immediately went into a skid.  There was no way to avoid hitting the deer.  Squeezing my eyes closed and clutching the steering wheel I braced for the impact.  Which never came.  As I opened my eyes I saw the deer leaping over the hood of my car, landing gently on the other side and prancing off into the trees. Whew!  More than one life was saved that night!

Everyone loved their first car. No matter how beat up or broken down, it was a taste of freedom and you loved it. Even though it lasted only for a brief time, that emotional connection is an experience that unites us all. Check out my custom illustrated story, you can submit one too at www.firstcarstory.com and bring your story to life with animation and music and share it with your friends.









Disclosure: Compensation was provided via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of the advertiser

No comments: