Friday, March 02, 2012

Trending Spring Styles: Shine On!

Spring never quite seems to know when to declare itself, officially.  One minute the skies are blue and the birds are singing and the next I'm hurdling rain puddles while trying to keep my umbrella from turning inside out!  What's a busy fashionista with to do?

Well, this spring's fashion trends are wide and varied, can accommodate just about any fluctuation in temperature or weather, and will work well with your own personal sense of style.  I tend to go with fashions that are classic and timeless, then mix in eclectic accessories and funky footwear to give the look my own personal edge.

This spring I am going to let my style shine!  And by shine I mean a little glitz and glamour, a little sparkle and sizzle, and a whole lot of attitude.  The rule here, as with any trend, is "less is more".  A few key pieces in the chosen trend, mixed in with the classics already in your wardrobe, are all you need to make your statement:
Since I just broke my foot (and no one looks chic in a cast and crutches) I've asked one of the stylish young women here at She She Me to model my take on this spring trend.  Thanks Morgan!

I am absolutely loving the gorgeous tops and tunics in shimmery silks and satins. This gorgeous satin tunic is cinched at the waist and worn with sleek rhinestone embellished leggings and a pair of sky high patent leather skyscrapers.  Finish with a chain strap shoulder bag and a statement ring and it's good to go.  When the weather warms up -  lose the leggings and the skinny belt and slip into a pair of metallic sandals.  Either look is right on trend and can accommodate a 30 degree weather fluctuation!

When it comes to spring styles, this fashionista looks to Kohl's for the latest in fashion at incredible prices.  I love the fantastic selection of fashions, footwear and accessories available at Kohl's.  The quality is excellent and the prices are fabulous!  Check out the latest spring trends at Kohl's and let your style shine on!

No comments: