Celebrity stylist Matthew Monzon shares his inspiration and how-to behind Elizabeth Banks Red Carpet sexy textured updo that she sported at Wednesday's (Nov 20th) premiere in New York City. This sexy siren plays the off-beat Effie in the upcoming Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
"We chose to pull all the hair back and get it up and out of the way and to bring more attention to the strong lip color (Dior Rouge Dior Couture Colour Voluptuous Care Lipstick in Rendez-Vous) and to try to not take away from the killer Jenny Packham pantsuit." - Monzon
- Starting with damp hair I sprayed Davines This is a Sea Salt Spray ($27; davines.com) throughout the hair.
- Then while blowdrying the hair, I took 1 inch sections and twisted the hair with my fingers as I dried it to give it a textured feeling.
- Once dry, I took a 1/2 inch iron and randomly wrapped sections around, alternating the direction. This should be done using random sections, in order for the look to be a bit more undone.
- I than pulled the sides of the hair back and secured with bobby pins. I took the top section of the hair and pulled it back and secured with pins.
- I finished the look by spraying all over with Davines This is An Invisible No Gas Spray ($28.00; davines.com) to hold the hair into place.
- Lastly, I chose random bits, twisting and pulling the hair out loosely to create a more undone texture.