In a career spanning more than forty years, Andrea Q. Robinson has revolutionized the way women look and the way they feel about beauty. From her early days as Beauty Editor of Vogue to more recently running the Ralph Lauren Fragrance business and building the Tom Ford Beauty brand from scratch, Robinson’s professional mission has been to help women look like themselves, only better.
Available now Robinson’s Toss the Gloss: Beauty Tips, Tricks & Truths for Women 50+ shares her decades of experience in an honest, straightforward informational book for women fifty and over. Part memoir, part how-to, and part industry insider guide, Toss the Gloss reveals the tricks of the trade about skincare and makeup, and shares a template for maximizing a woman’s authentic, signature beauty by embracing her features – not hiding them.
This book will impart Robinson’s simple beauty truths that will stand with women for life – truths that will separate the hype from the helpful; truths that will help determine how to pick the right product and avoid the wrong; truths that will make the difference between looking okay and looking great. Unlike other books in this genre, Toss the Gloss isn’t about looking young and hip – it is about owning your look at 50 and beyond, and how to inhabit the style and beauty that can come more effortlessly with age.
After reading Toss the Gloss, the reader will:
- Understand the core reasons why the right cosmetics, not anti-aging skincare, will help her look her best;
- Learn how to choose the key cosmetic products and which brands can do the most for her;
- Learn how to enhance her features without needles and knives;
- Acquire valuable, easy to follow, gimmick-free tips and application shortcuts;
- Become a discerning and confident beauty shopper;
- ap into some of the best dirt, dish and behind the scenes gossip of the beauty industry.
“Forget about makeup reclaiming youth, good makeup reclaims you,” Robinson says. “At the risk of inciting a powder puff tempest,” Robinson declares, “A good cosmetic product well-chosen and well-applied will do more for you than any pricey jar of miracle cream. Armed with a few simple tricks, some tips about the way the beauty industry works and, most importantly, the right makeup, you can transform 50+ into forever fabulous.”