Just because the warm weather is here, that doesn’t mean our hands are safe from flakiness and dehydration. We have to be extra careful not to let our hands dry up from the high temperatures, low humidity, constant washing of hands, and sun exposure. Below is a quick at-home remedy to combat dry, summer hands from celebrity manicurist and owner of As U Wish Nail Spa, Skyy Hadley! See below for Skyy’s expert tips and let me know if you have any questions! xx
Skyy Hadley’s Luxury Rejuvenating Hot Cream At-Home Hand Treatment
- Remove all nail polish with a gentle polish remover
- Begin by sloughing off dead and dry skin from palms and backs of hands with a homemade sugar scrub (salt scrubs can be drying or irritating)
- Mix sugar, a few drops of vegetable glycerin and an uplifting essential oil like peppermint or rosemary in a medium-sized bowl.
- Gently rub hands together to scrub away dullness.
- Remove scrub with a warm wet cloth.
- Do NOT soak fingers in water, as doing so will actually draw the moisture OUT of your skin. Instead, heat up 2 plastic baggies full of a thick, luxurious cream and add a few drops of an invigorating essential oil such as tangerine, ylang ylang, or chamomile.
- Heat until very warm but not too hot, then place hands in bags for about 2 minutes, allowing moisture to penetrate the skin.
- Remove hands from bag and massage cream into skin, wiping off any excess.
- Your hands should instantly feel smooth and look radiant!