As people age, the cheek area can lose volume, causing the cheeks to flatten out and the skin to droop and sag. Age-related facial volume loss is a growing need in the field of aesthetic medicine. The 2013 American Society for Dermatological Surgery (ASDS) Consumer Survey on Cosmetic Procedures revealed that one of the top reasons why people choose to undergo a cosmetic procedure is because they want to look as young as they feel, with sixty-one percent of respondents most bothered by sagging facial skin.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is a non-surgical treatment option that is performed in the physician’s office.
- JUVEDERM VOLUMA ® XC is a gel that is injected into the cheek area to gently lift the skin. It temporarily corrects age-related volume loss in the cheek area helps create a more youthful appearance to the face.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural complex sugar that occurs within the body.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is made with Allergan’s proprietary VYCROSS™ technology, an advanced manufacturing process that results in a smooth gel that flows easily and consistently. The unique formulation in JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC contributes to the lift capacity and to the duration of the product.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC also contains a small amount of lidocaine which helps to numb the treatment area during the injection procedure.
- The side effects observed in more than five percent of patients in the clinical trial included temporary injection-site tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. Most were moderate in severity and resolved within two to four weeks.
- The JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® formulation without lidocaine was first introduced in Europe in 2005. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® with lidocaine was first introduced outside the U.S., in 2009. As of Aug, 31, 2013, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® with lidocaine (branded as Juvéderm VOLUMA® XC in the U.S.) is distributed in 72 countries, including markets in Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Asia Pacific region, and Canada. The JUVÉDERM® family of products, including JUVÉDERM® Ultra and Ultra Plus are marketed and sold in 85 countries outside the United States.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the latest product offering from the JUVÉDERM® family of products, the number one prescribed dermal filler brand in the United States.
- For further product information and important safety information please visit www.juvederm.com.