“Flat Iron Waves” with TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist John D.
TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist John D. loves “Flat Iron Waves” because the defined, natural-looking curls are perfect for transitioning from Summer to Fall. “When creating this look with a flat iron, I like to start from the back of the head and work my way to the front. It is the best way to obtain effortless waves every time.”
- Dispense a few pumps of the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam into palms and run product throughout lengths of damp hair for a weightless lift.
- Blow-dry hair using a round brush to add extra volume and smoothness, or towel-dry to accentuate the hair's natural texture.
- Once dry, grab 1-inch pieces and alternate bending the flat iron toward the face, then away, while moving down the length of each section.
- Once hair has cooled, run hands through the lengths to break up the waves.
- Tilt head to the side, creating airy volume in the hair, and spray ends with TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray.
- TIP: Scrunch the hairspray into ends for added definition.
“Classic Beachy Waves” with TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu
Tousled waves look great any time of year and TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu’s step-by-step requires minimal heat styling, ideal for summer! “I love this look because it creates an irregular wave pattern unique to each person’s natural texture.”
- Apply 1-2 pumps of TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam to damp hair before bed and towel dry. Using fingers, brush through hair to bring out the natural texture.
- Split hair down the middle and create two Dutch Braids (reverse French braids) on both sides of the head.
- Mist braids with TRESemmé Perfectly un(Done) Sea Salt Spray and leave in overnight.
- Release braids in the morning and comb through with fingers.
- Complete this look by spraying TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray all over for long-lasting, soft waves.
- TIP: Section off hair and pull the top half into a ponytail to create a trendy half-up look.
“Chic S-Waves” with TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell
The “S-Wave” adds a touch of glamour to any look, but is still casual enough to wear for all occasions. TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell explains, “It is a classic wave that is easy to create on all hair types!”
- Split wet hair into three or four manageable sections and apply TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray on each.
- Towel-dry hair until it is 80% dry, then blow-dry using a paddle brush to create a smooth and polished look.
- Using a 1-inch curling iron, begin curling small sections of hair all in the same direction. Clip up each section once complete and mist with TRESemmé Perfectly (un)done Ultra Brushable Hairspray to set the waves.
- Remove all clips and brush hair thoroughly to smooth out the curls and create the uniform “S” pattern.
- Finish by applying the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Perfecting Gelee through lengths to define the wave.
- TIP: For those with thick hair, brush out the curls one at a time to avoid creating a fluffy look.