- Make sure nails are clean and all residue is removed. This can be done with nail polish remover.
- Always use a base coat. This will prevent nail staining and make your polish last longer.
- Apply two coats of a red polish of your choice making sure the polish glides on smoothly without clumps.
- Finish with a quick dry top coat to prevent any smudging.
- Use a toothpick with a little piece of cotton soaked with acetone to go around each nail and clean up any polish that may be on the skin.
- Once nails are completely dry, apply a cuticle oil. This will make your manicure last longer and look like you just walked out of the salon!
Thursday, December 03, 2015
Haute Holiday Style - Cranberry Nails!
You have been probably been so busy taking advantage of holiday sales and deals that you have totally forgotten about your holiday beauty prep! Take some time for yourself and either paint your nails on your own or treat yourself to a manicure in a salon. According to celebrity manicurist and owner of As U Wish Nail Salon, Skyy Hadley, “A gorgeous red polish is a beauty classic and should be a staple in every girls’ beauty closet. I love wearing a red polish, especially during the holidays because it makes me feel festive and goes well with all of my outfits.” Below are some tips from Skyy Hadley on how to apply a red polish just like a professional manicurist. Which red would you wear?