With over 23.5 million daily lipstick try-ons and over 710 million total lipstick try-ons since its launch in 2013, YouCam Makeup scoured their millions of users to reveal what's trending:
• Matte’s a fact: With nearly 50% of all lipstick try ons being matte lipstick (350 million YouCam user try-ons to be exact), it’s clear that a matte lip finish remains a fan favorite. Sheer lip finishes accounted for over 30% (220 million) of all lipstick try-ons, with satin finish following at 17% (over 125 million satin lip try-ons).
• Millennial pink is here to stay: The generation-defining, berry pink lip color has earned its signature name for a reason, with over 4 million in-app try-ons in 2017 revealing it’s the top lip color in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
• Color picks across the globe: Bright pink lip colors dominate across the United States and Europe, while Korea shows a much darker, redder color palette
• Two-toned lips are trending: While ombre trends were on the rise last year with over 12 million ombre try-ons, the rapid increase in two-toned lip color trials spotlights an evolving trend in the industry
• Fall lip picks: “Matte has dominated the lipstick world for several years now, but heading into the fall/winter season, we are going to see a return to a wider variety of finishes,” notes Robin Black, celebrity makeup artist and founder of the cult blog, BeautyIsBoring.com, and Instagram, @BeautyIsBoring_. “Get ready for satin, high sheen, patent leather and even dramatic lacquered finishes!”