With warm weather comes breakouts (for most of us, anyways). The rise in temperatures causes skin to produce more oil than normal. When that oil gets lodged in the pore and is coupled with dirt, sunscreen and other summer factors – it’s time for a serious pore detox.
PCA SKIN just released the ultimate pore perfecting duo that will save your skin from all that nasty summer build up! First, deep clean pores with their new Detoxifying Mask that uses Japanese white charcoal and kaolin clay to draw out impurities and clear skin. Next, refine pores with the Pore Refining Treatment which purifies using 3 types of exfoliation: cellular, physical and enzymatic.
two new ways to pore perfection.
PCA SKIN Detoxifying Mask ($58, PCASKIN.com)
Absorb oil and impurities with this balancing mask using Japanese white charcoal. This weekly mask keeps skin clear while minimizing the appearance of pores. For use in the morning or evening. This mask is safe for all skin types, but ideal for oily and breakout-prone skin.
• Japanese White Charcoal – contains a variety of minerals and works to absorb oil and impurities from the skin. Its structure of very small pores allows it to be highly efficient at skin detoxification.
• Kaolin – a type of clay that absorbs oil and impurities helping to clear pores.
• Magnesium Aluminum Silicate – a naturally occurring clay-derived mineral that supports skin clearing.
• Ceramides – supports the renewal of the skin’s natural protective layer and forms an effective barrier against moisture loss; improves long-term moisturization and protects skin from external offenders.
PCA SKIN Pore Refining Treatment ($58, PCASKIN.com)
Exfoliate and purify the skin with this advanced blend of clay, mandelic acid, enzymes, pumice and rice powder for a comprehensive skin-smoothing treatment.
• Mandelic Acid – an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that provides chemical exfoliation and leaves skin bright.
• Papain – the proteolytic fruit enzyme from papaya, which is widely used for its gentle exfoliating properties.
• Rice Powder and Pumice – mechanical exfoliating particles with a range of sizes for a gentle yet effective exfoliating experience.
• Kaolin and Bentonite – absorbent clays that help to draw impurities from the skin and clear pores.
• Bisabolol – a component of chamomile that provides potent calming and MMPi properties to improve and maintain skin.
• Saccharide Isomerate – a marine exopolysaccharide that increases skin renewal and exfoliation while reducing skin sensitivity and the appearance of pores